TO SAVE YOU TIME & FRUSTRATION AT DROP OFF, BE SURE TO READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO TAGGING!
Mom’s Marketplace reserves the right to reject items and to pull off the floor any items we find unsuitable. We also reserve the right to not accept items that we consider to be excessively overpriced. As stated in the consignor agreement that you sign during the registration process, Moms Marketplace is not responsible for lost goods, for damaged goods, for stolen goods or any acts of God (ex: tornado, damaging winds etc.). that may affect the items that you have consigned.
Returning Consignors, has your email address changed? Please update on your account login profile.
Supplies You Will Need
- White card stock, approx. 65# weight (no colors)
- Hangers (metal or plastic)
- Medium and Large size safety pins (no tiny ones)
- Scotch/Magic Tape
- Clear Packing Tape
- Zip Ties or String
- Clear Wrap (Saran/Cling/Shrink)
- Ziploc type baggies
- Optional: Tagging Gun
*If you use a tagging gun be sure tag goes through label inside garment. DO NOT go through the fabric.
This will ruin your fabric/garment.
TIPS FOR TAGGING:
- Do NOT Procrastinate! The tagging system automatically closes 5 days prior to the sell.
- Do not alter the size of the printed tag. Bar Code scanning system is connected to this tag.
- Do not have any handwritten information on the tag
- You must choose “Discount” when you make the tag. We cannot change your tags and hand write the word discount on the tag. The computer must read it from the bar code.
- Use ONLY white cardstock for tags.
Too busy to tag?
We have a few ladies who have started their own tagging service for a fee.
Please contact either of these women if you are interested in this time saving service.
Heather King email@example.com
What You May Sell
CLOTHING – Children’s sizes Newborn to Size 20, Juniors & Maternity
LIMITS: Maternity clothing-12 PIECES ONLY
Junior Girls Clothing-12 PIECES ONLY
USE NUMBER SIZES FOR ALL CLOTHING–Newborn, 3 MO, etc. through Size 18 for all children’s clothing
- IF YOU USE SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE FOR YOUR CHILDREN’S CLOTHING YOU WILL BE ASKED TO REDO YOUR TAGS.
- A good way to determine size is by asking yourself “what size/age was my child wearing when they wore this?” or look at an online clothing chart.
Exception: Maternity & Girls Juniors- – may use X-Small, Small, Medium, Large & X-Large
- SPRING sale: You may sell warm weather clothing such as shorts, T-shirts, short sleeve dresses, Easter outfits, swim suits, light weight sweaters & jackets, etc. The only long pants for this Spring Sale is denim blue jeans & Khaki pants.
- FALL sale: You may sell cool weather clothing such as long pants, long sleeve shirts, dresses, coats, Halloween costumes and outfits, Christmas outfits. If your short sleeve shirts are dark fall colors, you may sell them.
- We highly recommend ironing any items that need it. They will sell better.
- Take the time to wash clothing prior to dropping off to us.
- Place garment on hanger with the hanger hook pointing to the left and the garment facing you. Place the tag on the right-as if it were over your heart when wearing the item.
- Pants may be hung on shirt hangers by safety pinning them to the top wire of the hanger. Do not use plastic clip style skirt/pants hangers-they break too easily resulting in your items laying on the floor. Metal clip style skirt/pants hangers work well.
- We will reject Items with odors (smoke or pet), stains, holes, missing buttons or other missing parts
- We will reject 3 letter monogrammed clothing.
- SHOES- LIMIT 12 PAIRS TOTAL– (NOT PER GENDER)
- Because we limit shoes, we will be very selective about condition. Please only bring shoes that are in good to excellent condition.
- Secure each pair of shoes together with a string, ribbon or zip ties. Zip ties work best.
- Use a safety pin to secure your tag to the string, ribbon, shoe lace or zip tie.
- Next, put a piece of masking tape on the bottom of each shoe with your consignor number on it. Many, many shoes are separated during the sale and we cannot sell them.
- Do not put shoes in Ziploc bags.
- EQUIPMENT-Strollers, High Chairs, Exersaucers, Bouncy Seats, Play gyms, Bikes, Scooters, Playhouses, Swings, Walkers, Climbers, Slides, Picnic Tables and more!
- Thoroughly clean and check they are in proper operating condition. Broken items not accepted.
- Check for properly working batteries. Items with dead batteries not accepted.
- Safety pin tag to fabric area. Or, choose scotch tape to attach to plastic area.
- NO CAR SEATS DUE TO SAFETY REASONS.
- You may sell booster seats.
- Wash any fabric parts to the equipment-your items will sell better clean!
- ACCESSORIES- Hats, socks, bows, belts, ties, bibs, burp cloths, nursing items, boppy pillows, bottles, etc.
- Items need to be clean.
- Only NEW underwear/panties in unopened packages
- Only NEW pacifiers and bottle nipples in unopened packages.
- Pre-loved baby bottles (nipples removed) may be consigned.
- Accessories appropriate to current season. Ex: no Christmas bibs at the Spring sale
- If selling a pair or a grouping, place in a Ziploc bag or secure well with Saran wrap or safety pins and then place the tag on the OUTSIDE of the bag with scotch tape.
- We will reject items with odors (smoke or pet), stains, holes, missing buttons or other missing parts
- We do not accept children’s jewelry.
- TOYS– (Games, Puzzles & books are not in this category)
- Toys need to be clean and have working batteries.
- Check for recalled items on the toy manufacture’s website.
- Toys with multiple pieces MUST be placed in Ziploc bags or thoroughly shrink wrapped together. We will reject multiple piece toys only secured by tape.
- Place tag on outside of toy or bag/wrap with a single piece of scotch tape.
- The only stuffed animals accepted are those with batteries.
- We will reject all VCR tapes.
- We will reject any toys missing any parts or pieces.
- “Grab bags” of toys and those from Happy Meals are not accepted.
- BOOKS, GAMES & PUZZLES
- Secure tag to the back of your book with tape
- Secure multiple books together with crisscrossed string or crisscrossed rubber bands. Place tag on the string or rubber bands.
- Puzzles and games with multiple pieces must be sealed in Ziploc bags or Saran Wrap.
- We will reject all VCR tapes.
- We will reject any games or puzzles missing parts or pieces.
- BEDDING & DÉCOR
- Only Newborn through Teen bedding and decor accepted.
- We will reject 3 letter monogrammed items.
- Bedding, blankets and sheets must be in zipper style, oversize Ziploc Bags or space saver style bags to prevent damage. We will inspect your bedding at drop off so do not use shrink wrap for these items.
- Place tag on outside of bag with single piece of scotch tape.
- We will reject soiled, stained or any fabric items with smoke or pet odors.
- We are not responsible for broken décor items. If you item is particularly fragile, it is best to not sell it.
- Use scotch tape to affix tag to décor.
- FURNITURE- Baby & Children’s furniture only
- Regulation baby beds/cribs only. NO BABY BEDS WITH DROP DOWN SIDES.
- You may sell changing tables, rockers, dressers, and toddler beds
- Furniture must be in gently used condition. No broken drawers etc.
- Check for recalled items on the furniture manufacture’s website
- We will have strong helpers to unload furniture from your vehicle. However, you must assemble all your own items.